Ga naar inhoud

Christa88 : 20 september 2021 : Dr. van der Weij : Boerhaave

Aanbevolen berichten

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for writing in English. I am still learning Dutch and I am not fluent yet. 

I am currently looking for a Surgeon to perform my Augmentation (Hopefully in September this year). 

I am very flat chested, skinny and want to have the best natural result possible so I will have a dual plane (under the muscle) procedure with an Anatomical Implant. (See my Picture)

The suggested Implants from all 3 Doctors is 245CC Mentor Moderate Plus Medium Height (or Tall Height) with a Width of 11cm.

My Measurements : 50kg, 160cm tall, 12cm Breast width diameter, 4.5cm (Nipples to Breast Fold Distance), 18.5cm (Nipples to Notch Distance), breast distance 3.5cm

I now had 3 Consultations with the following Doctors and Clinics and suggestions

- Bergman : Dr. Bruekers (suggested Implant: Mentor anatomical medium height moderate plus 11cm 255cc or 11.5cm 295cc)

- Borhaave: Dr Van der Weij (Mentor anatomical medium height moderate plus 11cm 255cc or tall height moderate plus 11cm 270cc)

- Veldhoven: Dr Schiettecatte (Mentor anatomical medium height moderate 11.5cm 245cc or 12cm 280cc)

My current Favorite is Dr. Van der Weij.

His results (In this Forum an on his Instagram) seem really promising and look great (they are almost all Sub-Fascial though),

but the consult worried me a bit because he tended to dismiss my concerns and questions (answering with a simple "no", dont worry about it, etc.). 

Is there anyone who had a Dual Plane Procedure done by Dr. Van der Weij ?

It would really ease my mind and help me decide on him if theres some ladies in here that are having a great experience (with post -OP Care as well). 

I liked the Concult with Dr. Bruekers and he seems like a great Guy and Doctor, but its very hard to find any actual Results. 

My Aesthetic Vision definitely aligns with him more and he gave more opinions and explanations on the aesthetics.

BUT, He measured my breast width as 11cm, where the other 2 Surgeons measured 12cm. This worried me a bit.

Are there any Patients of his in this forum who can share their experiences?

My first concern is that my lower pole distance (nipple to breastfold) is 4.5cm on both breasts, which is kind of short?

Looking at this measurements and the suggested implants measurements (that has ), I am very concerned that I will have my nipples pointing downwards a bit (something I want to avoid).

None of the surgeons mentioned anything about my short lower pole distance, this worries me. 

My second concern is having a bigger Implant Gap (i have 3.5 cm) that is too wide or the Implants being pushed to the side.

I have asked the surgeons whether they would do anything about that , release a bit more of the muscle from the chest bone, etc.

My third concern is using an 11cm Implant with a 12cm Breast width diameter. I have heard that going 1cm more narrow than your breast width is a little on the concervative side and I defintely prefer my breasts to have a little side boob. All of the Surgeons had different opinions on this. Dr van der Weij will not go above 11cm, Dr Bruekers suggests 11cm but would try to fit 11.5cm. 

All of these concerns havent been addressed much in any of my consults yet. Has anyone had similar fears and Concerns? 

I love that this forum exists and that so many people are sharing their experiences and even posting Pictures.

Thanks in advance for any Input and Advice ! :)

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi. Welcome. I have mentor cpg 323 medium hight, high projection. I had only 4 cm lower pole distance. Therefore it takes some time to have the implants settle down. That can take some time, even months. I am 8 weeks PO. I had a breast wide of 13,5 cm. My implants are 11 cm. No side boob, but not to narrow I think. I cannot tell you anything about your gap. This was only 1,5 cm in my case. I have had 2 consults with dr Vd weij. But his colleague dr Schuringa has done the surgery, changed last minute due to quarantine. I am very happy with dr schuringa. Easy to communicate with and he told me more about the differences between all the mentor cpg implants. And I am already very happy with the result, all though i think it will change some more, mainly to the lower pole. 
In your case I would also recommend to have a consult with dr Van der Pot of Blooming. You can take a look at his instagram.
In my case I had enough own tissue to place the implants sub fascial. dr Vd Weij had also beautiful results but indeed mainly sub fascial. 
good luck with your decisions. 
x

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi! 

We already have had contact via PMs but good to hear you eventually went to 3 surgeons 🙂

They all recommend more or less the same so thats already smth positive. 
If you would like to get the best cleavage I would go for the widest implant. I obviously cant tell if your IMF should be lowered, but if none of the 3 surgeons mentioned this I assume its not neccesairy. I dont see many results with nippels pointing downwards. I think you have a good base to get a beautiful result 🙂 

In general, I would go for the surgeon that you feel will create the best result. Usually your gut feeling will tell you so 😉 

And if you feel like doing more consults, I would def recommend wouter vd pot!

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hello and welcome! 

I have mentor 425cc round high profile xtra. Dual plane. Almost 8 weeks ago. By dr. Fresow, a very nice, friendly and good pc. 

My situation was also like you.

I will add you to my album then you can look at it. 

Good luck 🍀with your decision! 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

I actually just had another quick call with Van der Weij and answered my remaining questions:

- He admitted that he only does about 10-20 % Dual Plane surgeries but he still seemed very confident in his long years of experience

- He said he would lover my IMF a bit 

- He also retracted his Tall Implant suggestion because it i would like more natural slope than upper fullness .

I am definitely a lot more confident in choosing Dr Van der Weij now but ofc he is specialized a bit more in Over the Muscle Surgery. 

I think i will try to schedule a call with Dr Bruekers as well to see what his suggestions are .

@Noor45 How was your experience with Borhaave Clinics? Bergman is almost 1000Euros more expensive but Borhaave seems to have pretty great service. Did you feel well supported and cared for after the surgery? 

@Goow Yeah i agree, its great that all their recommendations are similar. I do feel like the wrong Measurement of Bruekers is still giving me a bad feeling and influencing my Gut. I dont understand how a surgeon can be that imprecise .. even if the implant choice is the right one. It just doesnt inspire a lot of confidence. Im still hoping this is just a miscommunication of the type of measurement hes doing (maybe measuring the possible pocket width)

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

I am happy with Boerhaave. I have also had 2 consults at Bergman as well. Boerhaave is better reachable, 7 days a week, from 7 till 22 hrs. I have had a recovery with ups and downs. They provided me all support and extra consults. 
You can also have an other consult at boerhaave with an other doctor if you have any doupt due to your dual plane. 
e.g dr Schuringa or dr Fortuin. 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

@Von5385 Thanks so much for adding me to your Album. Your Results looks great! I hope mine will turn out that good as well :D 

@Noor45 Also thanks a lot of letting me see your results. Its crazy how much they are changing within the first few weeks. Its so helpful to see you documenting how they are slowly settling down into a beautiful position. Im sure if I would freak out a bit if I didnt see great examples like that :D

I do think Van der Weij is a capable Doctor. I think im just trying to decide between cake and icecream at this point (both great options :) Thanks for reassuring me that Borhaave has great aftercare. The Price is definitely low for this level of Care i think.

• Like 1
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Haaaai. We already spoke a little via pm.  I have added you to my album, but there is only a pre-op picture combined with how the result is going to be.

I only spoke to vd Weij.  Twice. And did not have consults with other pc’s. It felt good. Maybe it is not smart, but my husband also felt the same way. So I decided not to speak to another pc. 
Do you have an album already?

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

5 uur geleden, Christa88 zei:

@Von5385 Thanks so much for adding me to your Album. Your Results looks great! I hope mine will turn out that good as well :D 

@Noor45 Also thanks a lot of letting me see your results. Its crazy how much they are changing within the first few weeks. Its so helpful to see you documenting how they are slowly settling down into a beautiful position. Im sure if I would freak out a bit if I didnt see great examples like that :D

I do think Van der Weij is a capable Doctor. I think im just trying to decide between cake and icecream at this point (both great options :) Thanks for reassuring me that Borhaave has great aftercare. The Price is definitely low for this level of Care i think.

thank you 😊 And it still changes after 8 weeks. I was happy with this forum. I would have totally panicked if I did not read all the stories about the first weeks here. 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

• 2 weeks later...

@Goow I called them and they made a telephone consultation appointment in mid july. I was a little disappointed that it takes this long to get the doctor on the phone. With Boerhaave (which is 900 euros cheaper) , i got a callback the next day and with Bergman it takes over 2 Weeks. It all seems a bit more uncomplicated and personal with Boerhaave. I'm still gonna do the Consult with Dr Bruekers and after that i think i will make my final decision on who to do the surgery with. 

How are you doing , is your recovery going well? 

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

• Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

We hebben cookiesop uw apparaat geplaatst om deze website te verbeteren. Je kunt je cookie instellingen aanpassen, anders nemen we aan dat je het goed vindt dat we verder gaan.