Ga naar inhoud

Carlotta: 3 december 2010 : Dr Tan : Bronovo : den Haag

Aanbevolen berichten

Hi all,

The big day is now closing in, yes, breats reduction and lift by Dr Tan at Bronovo coming Friday. :107:

I'm very anxiously waiting. :18: Big decision after many years of hesitation.

The story written by Laura in this forum helped me to get courage, maybe I can also help somebody by writing about my operation here.

I'm 50+ and really looking forward to the surgery - my breast operation needed after years of suffering from back pain etc. :01:

Wish me luck...

Carlotta.

PS

I can read and understand dutch, so you can write to me, but it is a bit too difficult for me to write in dutch.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hey Carlotta,

Welkom! :D

Fijn dat je na vele jaren twijfelen nu toch het besluit hebt genomen om er voor te gaan! Zal een heel verschil betekenen voor je rug en andere zaken waar je onder lijd, kan me voorstellen dat je zenuwen hebt nu je grote dag heel dicht bij is! Nog maar 3 nachtjes slapen voor je! :43:

Nog veel lees- en postplezier hier op het forum.

Liefs, :54:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi Carlotta,

Welcome!!! Good for you you took the big step to have a breast reduction and lift. I can imagine it was a big step for you and it took you a few years to take it.

I live very close by Bronovo in Scheveningen. Do you live there as well? Would be very possible cause a lot of english (speaking) expats live in this neighbourhood. So does my english (ex) husband.

Just a few more days and your dream will come true. I wanna wish you a lot of luck this coming Friday and i know you're in good hands there. I delivered both my kids in this hospital and the doctors and nurses are great. Very friendly and professional!

Hope to hear more from you soon, i will keep an eye on your topic!

XX Daffyduck

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hoi Carlotta .. welkom en hoop dat je het hier naar je zin kan vinden . :116:

Hi Emotion,

Thanks for your nice welcome. I read your story. I wish good continuation of the recovery. Your photos show the opration was a great succes, it looks very natural. It will give you courage in the difficult menopause times.

Greetings to Tokio! :123:

Success. :53:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hoi Carlotta,

Spannend he die operatie. Heb hem nog niet zolang geleden ondergaan ( afgelopen vrijdag) en ben er al heel blij mee.

Sterkte vrijdag!

Groetjes, Peppen

Hi Peppen,

Thanks for your kind messages and encouragement. I read your posts several times. You have a lot of courage, I hope I have that too. :98:

I fear so many things, for example I'm afraid they might not find a vein in my hand for the infusion - I had a problem with that many years ago. I hope they will be able to correct for my assymmetry too. :unsure:

Like you, I suffer from neck pains, and curve my back because of that. I hope this will soon be better, as well as the lower back pain.

I hope a fast and easy recovery for you and no further dizziness will occur. :rolleyes:

Wow. Just one week ahead of me - we will be recovering nearly at the same time.

Thanks again for the encouragement - I really need it, as the clock advances I get more and more afraid.

Grootjes :53: .

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

:18:

Hi Carlotta,

Welcome!!! Good for you you took the big step to have a breast reduction and lift. I can imagine it was a big step for you and it took you a few years to take it.

I live very close by Bronovo in Scheveningen. Do you live there as well? Would be very possible cause a lot of english (speaking) expats live in this neighbourhood. So does my english (ex) husband.

Just a few more days and your dream will come true. I wanna wish you a lot of luck this coming Friday and i know you're in good hands there. I delivered both my kids in this hospital and the doctors and nurses are great. Very friendly and professional!

Hope to hear more from you soon, i will keep an eye on your topic!

XX Daffyduck

Hi Daffyduck,

Thanks for the cordial welcome! Indeed, it took many years to get the courage and take the step. The neck pains and the bad condition of my breasts helped to take the BIG :18: step.

I'm close to Leiden, and choose Bronovo after recommendations by several others. :80: , I'm happy you hear that you had good experiences there too.

My breasts very low and lost their volume over the years. Its very scary to imagine the operation, and I'm afraid of it. :74:

I looked at your photos, it really great and sexy :123: . It helps me to get courage for the operation.

Greetings, :53:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Veel succes, hoop dat alles goed gaat

Hi Lesilla,

Many thanks for your welcome. I wish you all the best and succes for the lift you have 10 Dec..

For me, it will be a huge lift I get, LOL. :01: I hope you car is better already.

I hope the ice and snow :61: will not create problems for my operation.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi Emotion,

Thanks for your nice welcome. I read your story. I wish good continuation of the recovery. Your photos show the opration was a great succes, it looks very natural. It will give you courage in the difficult menopause times.

Greetings to Tokio! :123:

Success. :53:

Hi Carlotta .. Many thanks back to you and sweet kisses from my cute puppy

hope you enjoy this forum and it will give you the answers you're looking for :wub:

Wish you good luck next friday :53:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi Girls,

It's 5:30 and I am packing for the hospital. :blink:

Greetings and a million thanks for all your encouragements! I shall think kindly of you soon, when on the table. :18:

Goodbye and see you all soon with a new, and I hope much better, look! :43:

Carlotta.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hoi Carlotta,

Bij mij zijn mijn borsten mooi gelijk, vind ik zelf. En ach voor die tijd zat er zeker 1 cup verschil in.

Las dat je ook hoop nek en rugklachten hebt. Hoop dat je daar ook wat van gaat merken.

Zelf merk ik dat ik geen last meer heb van de pijn tussen mijn schouderbladen. En het is opeens zo makkelijk om rechtop te kunnen blijven staan :159: .

Dat zal in ieder geval ook uiteindelijk een positief effect hebben op de rest lijkt mij.

Hoop dat je zonder problemen vandaag snel op je kamer ligt.

Groetjes, Peppen

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi Carlotta, just today I saw your post here on the forum. !! Welcome, by now you have had your surgery and hope all went well for you, and hope your not in a great deal of pain... Long live Morfine !! I had my breastlift october the 1st, in the Haga hospital here in Den Haag as well.. Hope you are happy with the result !! But for now, take it easy, take your time, and we'll hear from you !!!

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi Girls,

Finally up and running again! Thanks for all the nice messages - my husband looked for me and told me about it. Sadly Bronovo has no WiFi for their patients, so I could not look myself.

Here is the day:

Arrival, Bronovo 07:00, 3dr floor as agreed with the nurse by phone. Sitting waiting where it says 'admission' (opname). A nurse looked baffled and asked what we do there, admission only opens at 08:30... :blink:133: After some confusion, we then found the entry to operations areas in the other end... a friendly nurse was ready to start the paper work and procedure.

Bloodtest, bloodpressure checks, two paracetamol and a sleeping in a rapid succession, in bed and transport to be ready at the pre-opration chamber - 08:30. Very nice and friendly reception there. :136: The whole team was there, ready calm and very concentrated. It's extremely important that the pre-operation is not a stressful experience, and they did a good job on that. Dr Tan painted marks on my torse and on my chin (for a lower chin lipo, added on the fly). Ready! Arms in crucifix position and needles inserted, my anasthesia rapidly took me away...

My husband told me this part :13: :

The operation itself was scheduled to last 150 minutes, and was completed around 12:30. Instead of being taken to the recovery area, I was taken to the intensive care unit. My husband found me there. It was a bit worrying, but it was not a dangerous problem: At the end of the operation, the anasthesist found my body temperature was a bit low. Just as a precaution, my wakeup took place in the IC unit, where they have a special body heater to make sure the temperature does not get too low. Waking up, they asked me about the pain index 0-10, my answer was 3-4. Some pain, but not a lot.

After less than an hour in IC, I was put in my room, end act I, 13:15. Very friendly nursing staff took over. Slightly burning feeling in the breasts, but not very painful and kept in check by morfine. I guess St Nicolas has something to do with this, but during the weekend, the nursing corridor was closed and I was instead put into a maternity/gynecology ward. Less comfortable, but ok. I felt a lot younger by being put there....

Girls, this is a great place! Everybody was nice, I felt pampered as if a cousin of queen Beatrix :105: , and the food :47: was royal too, and still 'gezond'...

Sunday, thus two days after the operation, I felt very little pain, and stopped the paracetamol. Too early, the same night I had to ask for it again. :106:

Monday, first shower! WOW. :101: B-cup? I'm not sure, but the difference is enormous! This part of my body look like 18 years again LOL! Blue marks on the stomarch and here and there, the stiches show a big inverted 'T' and nipples carefully inserted in round slots. I cannot wait for shopping new lingerie in shapes and sizes never open to me before. I even image Bra's without straps, and maybe also shirts without wearing bra's.

Dr Tan did his round and checked me out. The two drains I was wearing had slowed down their flow, and after a close inspection, Dr Tan gave the all clear for returning home! In spite of Bronovo nearly being snowed in :65: , like the rest of Den Haag, I managed to get home already in the afternoon.

Now in recovery, little pain, just a bit tired. :116: Next is stitch removal and check coming Monday. :126:

Thanks you support, girls! :53: It was a great help. :35:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Wow Carlotta, that sounds great, thanx for sharing!

I'm glad all went well and it's good to hear they treated you nicely.

Funny that you mentioned the food cause you are right, it's very good for hospital standards. I spent a lot of days/nights there in the past few years. First cause of thrombosis during my first pregnancy and i had to stay there for a few weeks. After that i spent 5 days there, twice. Everybody was worried that the food would be horrific but i actually enjoyed it, especially breakfast!!!

I'm glad you're not in too much pain anymore and i wish you a good recovery.........and have yourself spoiled haha

xxx

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hoi Carlotta,

Bij mij zijn mijn borsten mooi gelijk, vind ik zelf. En ach voor die tijd zat er zeker 1 cup verschil in.

Las dat je ook hoop nek en rugklachten hebt. Hoop dat je daar ook wat van gaat merken.

Zelf merk ik dat ik geen last meer heb van de pijn tussen mijn schouderbladen. En het is opeens zo makkelijk om rechtop te kunnen blijven staan :159: .

Dat zal in ieder geval ook uiteindelijk een positief effect hebben op de rest lijkt mij.

Hoop dat je zonder problemen vandaag snel op je kamer ligt.

Groetjes, Peppen

Hi Peppen,

Thanks a lot for you kind message.

The two breasts seems to be same size.I have 1600gr less on my shoulders! :159:

Carlotta

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hey Carlotta,

Fijn dat alles zo goed is verlopen ondanks je kleine stop op de IC-unit! Goed dat ze zo voorzichtig met je omsprongen en dat je zo goed verzorgd bent geweest daar! Laat je nu thuis ook nog maar goed in de watten leggen en wens je ook nog een voorspoedig herstel!

Liefs, :54:

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi Carlotta, just today I saw your post here on the forum. !! Welcome, by now you have had your surgery and hope all went well for you, and hope your not in a great deal of pain... Long live Morfine !! I had my breastlift october the 1st, in the Haga hospital here in Den Haag as well.. Hope you are happy with the result !! But for now, take it easy, take your time, and we'll hear from you !!!

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your welcome message. I read that your started to work only 12 days after the operation. Very courageous! :16:

I'm resting at home, very happy with my, now much smaller, breasts. All the stiches are very impressive though.

Carlotta

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Charlotta gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe borsten. Ik hoop dat je niet teveel pijn hebt nu. Ga maar lekker je rust nemen.

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your message. Now at home, trying not to move too much is difficult. The bra provided by the hospital works very well.

Carlotta.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

We hebben cookiesop uw apparaat geplaatst om deze website te verbeteren. Je kunt je cookie instellingen aanpassen, anders nemen we aan dat je het goed vindt dat we verder gaan.